PETALING JAYA : Elderly people above the age of 60 in five states will receive the first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine from June 7 to July 27.
The Covid-19 immunisation task force said a total of 1.24 million doses will be administered to the elderly at eight vaccination centres:
- Setia SPICE Convention Centre, Penang
- Persada Johor International Convention Centre, Johor
- Borneo Convention Centre, Kuching, Sarawak
- Institut Kemahiran Belia Negara, Miri, Sarawak
- World Trade Centre Kuala Lumpur
- Universiti Malaya, Kuala Lumpur
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Bangi, Selangor
- Ideal Convention Centre, Shah Alam, Selangor
Registrations will be open to all those aged 60 and above via http://www.vaksincovid.gov.my at noon tomorrow.
The first round of voluntary AstraZeneca vaccinations was opened on May 2, with all 268,000 slots fully booked in less than four hours. Those who registered and were placed on the waiting list will be automatically allocated an appointment slot in the next round.