Opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim said police on Friday questioned him mainly over the names of the MPs who support him.
- He told reporters in Kuala Lumpur he informed the police that he had letters from party presidents proving more than 120 MPs backed him
- “But I’m not here to cooperate with their political masters to give names, because it’s not their business”
- Anwar said the police were satisfied with his responses
- “It is clearly malicious, it is clearly political harassment and clearly, from my understanding, there is political instruction to the police”
- NOTE: Malaysia’s King Urges All to Reflect, Avoid Political Turmoil
©2020 Bloomberg L.P.