PETALING JAYA (Sin Chew Daily) – Former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad said during a video interview with Sin Chew Daily today that he had wanted to be prime minister for a year, but because PKR president Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim did not agree, he had to agree on a six-month term.
Even with only six months, Mahathir said he already had a comprehensive set of solutions to redress the mistakes of prime minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin and former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, within half a year.
“I know what I will do in six months. I have plenty of solutions to solve the problems. After six months, he (Anwar) can take over.”
He said he would keep his promise, and had planned to hand over to Anwar after the November APEC summit.
“I will bow out after six months. I won’t be PM any more. You know I’m old? I’m actually very, very old!”
Mahathir on PH++
– Will withdraw from PH++ but will still work with DAP and Amanah.
– He doesn’t trust me any more?
– It’s alright if he doesn’t trust me. That’s his business!
– What have I done to make him lose faith in me?
– No, I won’t be minister mentor.
– I won’t talk with Anwar again about cooperation.
On personal move
– I wanted to be PM for another year, but as Anwar did not agree, I said six months.
– I’ll find another way to bring down Muhyiddin’s government.
– I want to be PM for a third time to rectify the corruption of Najib and Muhyiddin administrations.
– I’ll back down after six months. I won’t be PM any more. I’m already very old.
– Do you know I’m old? I’m very, very old!
On PN government
– Will still table a motion of no confidence against Muhyiddin in the Parliament in July.
– If no chance to vote on the no-confidence motion, will veto the PN government’s fiscal budget.
– I never met Hishammuddin and Azmin in Langkawi.
– I can meet with anyone, except Najib and Muhyiddin.
– I labeled DAP a racist and chauvinistic party in Umno general assembly because they called me a dictator first.
– DAP supports me because they now need Malay votes.
– I never instructed Hamzah Zainudin to organize the Malay Dignity Congress.
– I won the party election as chairman unopposed.
– Will campaign for Mukhriz and Syed Saddiq in party election.
SIN CHEW DAILY